I FESTIWAL ANIMACJI "REANIMACJA" 2004
ANIMATED FILM FESTIVAL "REANIMACJA" 2004
16-17 kwietnia 2004 r., Kino Charlie
Formularz zgłoszeniowy (Aplication Form)
Statute, 2004 edition
1. Time, Place, Organizers
- Animated Film Festival REANIMACJA will take place on 16-17 April 2004 in Łódź, at "Charlie" Cinema 203/205 Piotrkowska Street.
- The main organizer is Stowarzyszenie Łódź Filmowa and "KinoForma" Group
2. Partaking conditions
- The competition is open to any animated works authors, regardless of their age. Works by Jury members or Selection Commission members will not be accepted.
- In order to participate in the Festival, the entrant needs to send (at their own expense) to the Festival Office:
The deadline for all entrants is 20 March 2004.
- a CD-R or VHS with the competition film + filled out A4 application form
- two filled out application forms (A4 form + CD cover)
- A4 folder jacket.
The Festival Office address is: ul. Piotrkowska 203/205, 90-451 Łódź, Poland
- Each entrant may submit the maximum of two films, regardless of their form. The films cannot contain scenes and plots violating legal or ethical regulations.
- The organizers will not return the submitted films. However, the films may be returned (at the entrants expense) if requested.
- In case of doubts pertaining to any films authenticity, the organizer will eliminate the film from the competition.
- The authors come to Łódź at their own expense.
3. Technical conditions.
- The entrants should submit films made from 2000 on in any animation technique (drawing, paper cut-out, plasticine, puppets, computer animation). Mixed films, where animation constitutes at least 50% of the film, are also allowed.
- The films can be in any format - 35mm, 16mm, video, VHS, or BETACAM (each film on a separate cassette), DVD (legal software) - apart from 8mm.
- The films duration should be between 30 sec. and 30 min.
- The films credits (at the beginning or at the end) should contain among others: title, authors name, production year, etc.
- Each entrant submitting their film should give its title, time of duration, type of format, a short plot resume, Producer Companys name and address. The authors are also asked to submit their name, address and contact phone number. (If the entrant is a student they should give their Schools name and address). If the author is a member of a Film Association they should give its name and address.
4. Selection and evaluation
- If there should be more entries than planned, the films will be seen by a Selection Commission, appointed by the organizers. The Commission will select competition films. Next, a Jury of specialists, theoreticians and practicians dealing with new media art will evaluate the selected films during the Festival.
- A week before the event the entrant will be informed by phone or e-mail about the fact that their film is selected for the Festival.
- The best films will be awarded the following prizes:
- The Main Jury Award
- The Audience Award
5. Suggested film types
- ARTISTIC FILM - film/animation made in a chosen style and form, depending on authors idea.
- CARTOON FILM - film/animation with cartoon (jest) character.
THEMATIC FILM - film/animation with a specified title, whose aim is to show how the author sees the subject.
6. Final resolutions
- The organizers may eliminate a film from the competition if its technical quality makes screening impossible.
- Each competition film is in the Festival Directors deposit from the moment when it is submitted to the end of the festival. Films may be returned to their Authors only after the Festival is over and only at their expense if requested in the Application Form.
- The Selection Commission and Jurys verdicts are decisive and indisputable.
- The organizers will not take responsibility if Authors violate Copyright Laws.
- The organizers may use parts of the competition films for promotion purposes.
- Submitting films and filled out forms is tantamount to accepting the competitions status.
7. Additional information
- The festival will be accompanied by additional events: screenings of distinguished authors films, music event, film panorama, meetings with authors and discussion panels.
- The Opening of the Festival will take place on 16 April 2004. The Closing Ceremony and screening of film winners will take place on 17 April 2004.
- More details will be provided in a separate paper. Any information about the Festival can be obtained at the Festival Office (Stowarzyszenie Łódź Filmowa, ul. Piotrkowska 203/205, 90-451 Łódź, Poland. Tel. 0-42-637-41-50; fax. 0-42-636-00-92). E-mail: